NSB&T shall admit all qualified students (as per the minimum requirements jointly published by the National Council for Tertiary Education and the National Accreditation Board of Ghana) without reference to race, ethnicity, religion, politics, nationality or country of citizenship. The student entry requirements shall be as follows:
- General Certificate of Education (Ordinary and Advanced Levels): Passes at credit level in at least five (5) subjects (including English Language and Mathematics) in the West Africa Examinations Council (WAEC) Ordinary Level and three (3) passes at the Advanced Level of the GCE with General Paper. One of the advanced level passes should be a grade D or better.
- WASSCE & SSSCE : Candidates must have six credit passes (A1-C6) in English, Mathematics and Integrated Science (Biology or Agricultural Science for Nigerian applicants) or Social Studies, and three elective subjects, (in the West Africa Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (WASSCE). For Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE), candidates must have six credit passes (A-D) in the three Core Subjects and three elective Subjects. For purposes of admission, a credit pass in:
i. WASSCE means A1 – C6
ii. SSSCE means A – D
- Applicants with the General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE) results should have credit passes (A-D) in six (6) subjects comprising three (3) core subjects including English Language and Mathematics plus three (3) relevant elective subjects.
- Holders of the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE)/ International Baccalaureate (IB) must possess at least Grades A*/A-C in English, Mathematics and Biology at the Standard (SL)/’O’ Level, in addition to three Higher Level (HL – A to C)/’A’ Level (A to D)/IB 2 (A to C) grades in the relevant subjects.
- Diploma and HND Holders: Candidates with Diploma and HND qualifications from recognised universities or institutions in programmes related to the School’s programmes shall be considered for admission at level 300.
- Mature Student Entry Requirements: Candidates aged at least 25 years with basic academic qualifications e.g. four passes in any O’ level subjects and who write and pass an entrance examination in English, Mathematics, Information and Communication Technology and General Business shall be considered for admission. They may also be required to attend an interview.
- Transfer Students: Candidates who have been formally admitted as regular students to a Bachelor’s Degree course in any recognized university or institution and made satisfactory progress over not less than one academic year may be considered for admission as a transfer student.
- Visiting / Occasional / Foreign Students: The School shall admit other students with equivalent qualifications for varying durations in the Bachelor’s degree programme, as Visiting, Occasional and Foreign students.